National Privacy Principles
The National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 apply to Peter Norman Personnel.
Type of personal information held
Personal information that we collect and hold usually falls into the following categories:
• Candidate Information submitted and obtained from the Candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work;
• Work performance information;
• Information about incidents in the workplace;
• Staff information;
• Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
• Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships;
Purposes for which we hold personal information
We primarily hold personal information for the following:
• Placement operations;
• Staff management;
• Client and business relationship management;
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose.
In some cases we may only disclose information with your consent.
We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
We contract out a number of services from time to time. Our contractors may see some of your personal information. Typically our contractors would include:
• I.T. contractors and database designers.
Security of personal information
When we receive personal information, we take all the necessary and reasonable steps to secure information in our own systems. Only Peter Norman Personnel authorised staff have access to the database and files that contain personal information. Data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as totally secure, and therefore, Peter Norman Personnel cannot ensure or warrant the total security of any information that is transmitted
Web Site Visitors
Visitors to our web site are assured that we do not collect any personally identifiable information. However, for statistical and administrative purposes, our web server may gather information such as:
• date and time of the visit;
• duration of the visit;
• number of visits;
• previous site visited;
• pages accessed;
• type of Internet browser used;
This is done on an aggregate basis and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you.
We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that is attached to that information.
If you wish to obtain access to your personal information you should contact our Privacy Coordinator. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity.
Peter Norman Personnel reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your personal information. Our Privacy Coordinator would discuss these with you.
You should also anticipate that it may take a time to process your application for access, as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.
Links to Other Web Sites
The Peter Norman Personnel web site contains links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these web sites.
If you have any privacy concerns, please contact our Privacy Coordinator. You can also obtain further information from the Privacy Commissioner’s web site, www.privacy.gov.au, or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
* This policy applies to Peter Norman Personnel Pty Ltd, Peter Norman Services Pty Ltd and Peter Norman Trust collectively described in all policies, processes and documentation as Peter Norman Personnel unless otherwise stipulated. Employees comprise internal employees, temporary employees, casual employees and contractors.